News and Announcements
When: Monday Nov 6
Please be ready to have your photo taken 10 minutes before your teams time (below). Dressing rooms will be available; these will be shared rooms, please be respectful of others!
6:00pm Atom House
6:15pm Bantam #2
6:30pm Pee Wee House (practice @ 6:45, tuck bags and belongings under benches in dressing room)
6:45pm Pre-Novice (practice @ 6:00, be sure to store belongings under benches in dressing room)
7:00pm Novice (practice @ 6:00, be sure to store belongings under benches in dressing room)
7:15pm Bantam #1
7:30pm Atom Dev
7:45pm Midget #1 (practice @ 8:00)
8:00pm Pee Wee Rep
8:15pm Midget #2 (practice @ 9:15)
Attention team personnel who must enter scores from their respected games:
Please see the following PowerPoint presentation for information as to how you are to enter scores online.
The PowerPoint can be found at http://www.summerlandminorhockey.org/clubs/4199/documents/176322 or by looking under the ‘Helpful Documents’ tab on out Documents page.
Ever wonder how your player’s development plan gets developed? Hockey Canada has provided a framework for hockey associations to follow.
Hockey Canada has developed the Long Term Player Development Programming Framework:
“This model for hockey has been developed based on the following principles:
• doing the right thing for the player at the right stage in their development
• adopting a player-centered approach and not treating the development of all players the same way
• the broader the foundation of players the more successful the game of hockey will be in Canada
• viewing player development as a long term process
• aligning player development resources (skills manuals, DVDs) with coach development and education resources so that coaches are doing the right things at the right time
• a need to better educate parents on the hockey development of their child – it is okay for parents to want their kids to get to the highest levels but they need to know the best way to go about it"
If you’d like more information pertaining to this plan, please check under the Documents tab on the menu bar, or go to https://az184419.vo.msecnd.net/hockey-canada/Hockey-Programs/Coaching/Downloads/long_term_player_development_framework_sept_2013.pdf
Are you looking for your team’s game schedule… look here!
If you click on OMAHA SCHEDULES on the menu bar, you will be taken to a page where all OMAHA games can be found for your team. THIS IS AN OFFICIAL SCHEDULE, all OMAHA games (exhibition, league, and playoffs) are posted.