Hockey Canada Long Term Player Development Programming Framework
Ever wonder how your player’s development plan gets developed? Hockey Canada has provided a framework for hockey associations to follow.
Hockey Canada has developed the Long Term Player Development Programming Framework:
“This model for hockey has been developed based on the following principles:
• doing the right thing for the player at the right stage in their development
• adopting a player-centered approach and not treating the development of all players the same way
• the broader the foundation of players the more successful the game of hockey will be in Canada
• viewing player development as a long term process
• aligning player development resources (skills manuals, DVDs) with coach development and education resources so that coaches are doing the right things at the right time
• a need to better educate parents on the hockey development of their child – it is okay for parents to want their kids to get to the highest levels but they need to know the best way to go about it"
If you’d like more information pertaining to this plan, please check under the Documents tab on the menu bar, or go to https://az184419.vo.msecnd.net/hockey-canada/Hockey-Programs/Coaching/Downloads/long_term_player_development_framework_sept_2013.pdf