News and Announcements
Did you know that anyone who is new to hockey – not new to SMHA – is eligible to receive a 50% discount on their registration for the coming hockey season?
If you were born:
- 2008-2014 you could receive a discounted fee of $237.50 to play this season
- 2001-2007 you could receive a discounted fee of $267.50 to play this season
If you think that this applies to your child, or to someone you know, please check out our registration page (link in menu bar above).
Please email SMHA Registrar Annette Lewis @ firstname.lastname@example.org
For those wishing to register for the 2018-19 SMHA Season please click on the REGISTRATION Tab on Menu Bar above or follow the link provided…
SMHA Registration: http://www.summerlandminorhockey.org/clubs/4199/pages/108954
Be sure to read instructions provided and send in all documents required.
Questions? Email SMHA Registrar Annette Lewis email@example.com
Congratulations to the Atom Development Team, winners of the 2017-18 OMAHA Atom Development Playoffs!
Attention team personnel who must enter scores from their respected games:
Please see the following PowerPoint presentation for information as to how you are to enter scores online.
The PowerPoint can be found at http://www.summerlandminorhockey.org/clubs/4199/documents/176322 or by looking under the ‘Helpful Documents’ tab on out Documents page.
Ever wonder how your player’s development plan gets developed? Hockey Canada has provided a framework for hockey associations to follow.
Hockey Canada has developed the Long Term Player Development Programming Framework:
“This model for hockey has been developed based on the following principles:
• doing the right thing for the player at the right stage in their development
• adopting a player-centered approach and not treating the development of all players the same way
• the broader the foundation of players the more successful the game of hockey will be in Canada
• viewing player development as a long term process
• aligning player development resources (skills manuals, DVDs) with coach development and education resources so that coaches are doing the right things at the right time
• a need to better educate parents on the hockey development of their child – it is okay for parents to want their kids to get to the highest levels but they need to know the best way to go about it"
If you’d like more information pertaining to this plan, please check under the Documents tab on the menu bar, or go to https://az184419.vo.msecnd.net/hockey-canada/Hockey-Programs/Coaching/Downloads/long_term_player_development_framework_sept_2013.pdf